Conditions and procedure to apply for work permit for foreign investors

When foreigners wish to reside in Vietnam for long term, they will need a work permit to legally work in Vietnam, and a temporary resident card to legally reside in Vietnam.

For investors who are founders or capital contributors to a company in Vietnam, they will be granted a 5-year temporary resident card. So how do you apply for temporary resident card for investors? What is the procedure? We will answer all the questions in the following.

Conditions to issue temporary resident card for investors

  • Valid passport
  • Foreigners’ current visa is of the right purpose (investment visa is categorized as DT)
  • The investment certificate or business registration certificate must show that foreign investors invest money into the company.

Filing documents to apply for temporary resident card for foreign investors

If you are using Gia Hop’s service, please provide the following documents:

  • Scan copy of business certificate or investment certificate.
  • Scan copy of passport, visa and immigration stamp.
  • Scan copy of work permit
  • 2 2x3cm photos taken in white background


Location to submit temporary resident card application for foreign investors

Documents submission location is Immigration Department or authorized immigration office

Processing time

Based on government regulation, for temporary resident card application, the processing time will be 5 business days, counting from the day that authorized office received application documents.


For detailed information regarding temporary resident card or card extension, please contact us via phone number 0985281441 for complete consultation to specific cases.

You can also leave your phone number in the chatbox on our website, we will contact you as soon as possible.

We also provide other services such as work permit application, urgent application service, Vietnam visa, visa extension, etc…

Temporary resident card is an important document issued by an immigration authority or a competent authority of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to a foreigner legally residing in Vietnam for a limited... Learn more



Floor 8, HH3 (Sudico) Building, My Dinh 1 Ward, Nam Tu Liem District, Ha Noi.

Hotline: 0969 788 258 | 0985 281 441

Office TP.HCM

Ground Floor-G02, HBT Tower, 456-458 Hai Ba Trung, Tan Dinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

Hotline: 0976 788 485 | 0984 294 664

Office Bac Ninh.

Number 74, Dai Phuc 14 Street, Dai Phuc Ward, Bac Ninh City.

Hotline: 0969 788 258

Office Phu Quoc

30/4 Street, Duong To Commune, Phu Quoc District, Kiên Giang Province.

Hotline: O985 281 441 | O969 788 258 


Call Center

Hotline: 0243 200 4614